2020-10-31 Farnham Day Trip
Another chance to see & ski the glacier, lucky me. This time we went on a day trip with Steve.
No storms came up this time but, because it was a Saturday, there were a storm of people. About 30-35 or so. Half there to ski/ride and the other half to sled. It was busy but not crowded and we were the oldest demographic there. By about 30 years!!!! We were also the only ones hiking the hill. Lazy sods!
We did two loops and they were both fun and then headed back down the mountain. Some stats so I don’t forget:
- 1 hour 20 minutes to Radium
- 1 hour 20 minutes to about KM 50-51 where we parked the trucks
- 20 minutes or so to unload sleds and get ready
- 10 minutes to the hut (That’s maybe KM 55 or so)
- 5 minutes to get to base of glacier